Here at Optimal Monitoring we’re the first company in the world to bring AI to Energy Management in an affordable package for businesses. With our EMMA AI platform, we provide simple to follow advice, helping our clients reduce their carbon impact.
We know that every business to business organisation can benefit from the advice our EMMA AI product generates and we need more highly motivated people to join our team.Optimal Monitoring is part of the Optimal Group, which was established in 1993, and is headquartered in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
Lead Web Application Developer
£50k+ per annum depending on qualifications and experence PLUS an attractive Benefits package inc. Health, Life & Pension
About the role
Your main focus will be continuing the development of an internal web application for a client that is due to replace their existing MS Dynamics CRM 2011. The project currently uses Laravel 5.8, Postgres and Angular 7, with the intention of being hosted on load-balanced Digital Ocean infrastructure, utilising their new managed databases. This project has not yet reached a “minimum viable product”, so will require technical decisions to be made and client requirements to be defined, therefore we are looking for someone with the confidence to take it forwards for the next few years. You may also work on some legacy PHP applications for other clients, with a view to migrating away from these in future (“legacy” in this context means functional programmed, script-based websites with embedded HTML and jQuery). Some of these are related to energy management and car dealership servicing.
A separate team within the company is creating an innovative AI energy management application, in conjunction with the University of Reading, utilising PHP, Python, MySQL and iOS/Android. Recently released to early adopters, it has gained interest from a significant number of retailers, government departments and FM’s . You may become more involved with this project as it grows over time.
The office is located 2 minutes from High Wycombe train station, which has direct train links to London Marylebone and Oxford. We encourage a casual and friendly environment in the office. Free tea and coffee is available.
- Laravel (5.2 or higher) and Object-oriented PHP
- Angular 2 or higher
- SQL, Database design and ORM
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Bootstrap
- Git, GitHub issues/projects
- Composer, Webpack, and other build tools
- Node and NPM
- Integration with RESTful APIs
- Cloud object storage, such as DO spaces, S3, etc.
- Linux CLI and Apache configuration experience
- Experience of working with clients to turn their requirements into reality
- Experience of working alongside other developers on the same project
- Building business-critical internal applications for companies
- UX design and UAT
- Server provisioning with Digital Ocean, AWS or similar
- Building applications on load balanced infrastructure and using deployment tools such as Deployer
- Migrating existing systems to cloud-based infrastructure
- Legacy (non-OO) PHP 5 applications
- MS SQL Server
- Async job queues, such as Redis, RabbitMQ, Beanstalkd, SQS, etc.
- Error monitoring tools, such as Sentry, Bugsnag, Rollbar, etc.